Posts: Zombie Jack
, 22 August 2022, in
Survivors! – In this small update, I’ve added the ‘Health Pack’ item. Use it to drop it on the ground and heal you and your allies. Now you can slay all night long.
– Added item: Health Pack – Now you can heal!
– Additional sound effects.
– Tweaked attack speed.
Improved Combat Update
, 14 August 2022, in
Greetings survivors! In this long overdue update, I’ve made some improvements and fixes to the attack and combat system. Swing attacks are now more fluid and can combo with a left and right motion. Charging to throw and item is now a lot quicker as well as aim speed. Enjoy!
– Heaps more sound effects.
– Reduced weapon knock back force.
– Increased player attack speed.
– Improved item/weapon hitboxes.
– Fixed bug where sometimes player would not stop bouncing.
– Fixed a bug where jerrycan and generator could be activated before they were ready.
– Fixed a bug where weapons would go through zombies but not hurt them.
– Spooky flickering lights.
– Improved breaking fence sound effects.
– Added rake weapon/item sound effects.
Bridge Update and First Play Testers
, 24 July 2022, in
Survivors! It’s been awhile. I have been very busy. How are you? GOOD! I’m glad to hear it. Listen, today is kind of a big day. I allowed the first 97 play testers access to the current Play Test build of Zombie Jack. It’s very scary because there is still so much work to be done, but I felt it was time to get the first lot of feedback (even if it is largely negative). EEE!
Anyway, in this update 0.0.9a, there are lots and lots of bug fixes, improvements, and features. Enjoy and happy slaying.
– Additional sound effects.
– Key items now have a cyan outline.
– Key items now appear in HUD.
– Updated Generator model.
– Updated service station world model.
– Updated gate and bridge models.
– Improvements to zombie thought indicators, “!” and “?”.
– Increased player boundary.
– Decreased player movement speed.
– Players can now pick up items when bag has space and hands are full.
– Inventory automatically cycles to next item if current one breaks.
– Reduced mass of all objects.
– Reduced throw item force.
– Reduced movement penalty when carrying large objects.
– Additional keybindings and updated controls screen.
– Increased knock back force when doing a power attack.
– Fixed day/night transition bugs.
– Fixed fuel pump visual glitch.
– Fixed an issue where buildings were not casting shadows while players were inside.
– Stability improvements.
Hats! Update 0.0.8a
, 29 May 2022, in
Fellow survivors! In an effort to improve player clarity and presence on screen, I present to you all. Hats! There are currently four individual hats to choose from. Got an idea for a hat? Don’t keep it to yourself silly. Share it in our Discord channel.
– Removed distracting outline from zombies.
– Removed randomised zombie sizing.
– Slightly reduced dash distance.
– Slightly increased player base movement speed.
– Increased minimum movement speed of zombies.
– Fixed rumble not working when players crash into walls.
Sound Effects Update 0.0.7a
, 21 May 2022, in
Zombie Friends! This week’s update is packed with heaps of special effects. BAM! BOOM! SLISH! SLOCK! I’m sure these are real onomatopoeias.
– Added dash and item select sound effects.
– Players can dash/crash into walls.
– Zombies more noticeably become aware of players.
– Camera shakes!
– Additional sound effects. Biting and blood.
– Players getting hurt is more noticeable in the heads up display.
– Improved player movement and physical properties.
– Randomised zombie heights slightly.
– Fixed players not being able to use steps.
Balance Update 0.0.6a
, 8 May 2022, in
This week is mostly full of development environment improvements to make tweaks and balances in future updates easier. However, I did squeeze in some features and fixes some might find interesting. Happy slaying!
– Ambient night sounds.
– Switch Pro controller support.
– Inventory boxes more clearly show empty and full slots.
– Redefined keyboard controls.
– Environment lighting and colours adjusted.
– Fixed issue with blood decals suddenly disappearing.
– Fixed a bug where a player dying in the start position froze the game over screen.